Monday, September 30, 2019

improve your self-esteem

bilalphilipsofficial
Question: I'm suffering from sorrows and dissatisfaction with my appearance. I'm grown up with many emotional problems with my family. Now I'm emotionally ill and it's getting worse. It’s very hard to bring my mind under control. Indeed, it’s very hard to pray though I have the intention. What can I do to overcome this quickly? Please give me advice to overcome this situation with simple ways. Because I know many things that help to prevent #depression but I still can't do them.

Answer: Allah says, “It was We who created man, and We know what dark suggestions his soul makes to him: for We are nearer to him than (his) jugular vein” (50:16). Know that Allah knows you better than you know yourself and He understands the cause of your emotional pain and low self-esteem.
My advice firstly is to stop comparing yourself with anyone else. Allah made you the way you are for a purpose. And He knows best.
Secondly, reconnect your heart with Allah. When you focus on getting to know Allah through #supplication and reading the Qur’an with understanding, you will begin to see yourself the way Allah sees you, and you will become aware of how valuable you truly are, far beyond your physical appearance.
Thirdly, reflect each day on something good which has happened to you, either on that day or days gone by, and make sujood ash-shukr (the prostration of gratitude). You don't have to have wudoo, nor do you have to face the Qiblah . In sha allaah, it will help make a difference in your life.
There is no "quick” solution. But doing things which will increase your eman will gradually also help you improve your self-esteem and avoid sinful deeds, because sins also decrease one’s eman and self worth.

No comments: